Thursday

D.I.Y. Magazine Cap Sling Swivel for Pump Action Shotguns




Improved, D.I.Y. Magazine Cap Sling Swivel for Pump Action Shotguns or any other repeating shotgun with a tube magazine.
My new Pump Action Shotgun did not come with sling swivel studs. I made my own with ordinary steel parts from the local hardware store. I colored these parts with an oiled black oxide finish.

The parts are: 10-32 machine screw, 2 small, thin brass washers, 2 large fender washers, a cap/dome nut, the side plate from a #40 or #50 offset roller link (No.50, I think, twist off with two wrenches) and a 5/16" rubber grommet.

The thread on the nut is locked with glue. Use a warm selenium dioxide solution from the sporting goods store to blacken parts and rub with oil (don't oil the nut threads before locking with glue).

No comments: